Hiring a candidate who looks good on paper, but does not perform as expected on the job, can cost your organization both time and money. Success at work takes more than technical skills and knowledge. You need people with the right behaviors, attitudes and motivation. IQ tests and technical assessments do not provide all the information needed to make informed job fit decisions.
Identify the candidate most likely to succeed
The research-based WorkFORCE Assessment for Job Fit is a 20–25 minute web-based recruiting tool that measures Six Behavioral Competencies associated with critical factors of workplace success. You are provided with an Expected Job Fit Indicator that indicates the candidate’s likelihood of success in the position. This score is customized to the type of job you are filling and the behavioral skills candidates need to perform successfully in that job.
When used in conjunction with interviews and knowledge-based testing, the WorkFORCE Assessment for Job Fit gives you a more complete understanding of candidates, which can help you make the best hiring decisions.
Get concise, easy-to-understand score reports
Shortly after a candidate completes the assessment, you will receive an easy-to-understand individual score report, which provides the Expected Job Fit Indicator as well as performance ratings for each behavioral competency. After all candidates for a position complete the assessment, you'll receive a roster report that allows you to easily compare candidates.
Recruit with confidence
Powered by innovative technology and backed by ETS's rigorous research, the WorkFORCE Assessment for Job Fit is a significant advantage over similar workplace assessments. You can rely on the information you receive to find the right candidate for your organization.
In today's complex, fast-paced work environments, the success of an organization can depend upon employees with the cognitive skills to:
- Think critically
- Perform tasks more efficiently
- Accurately acquire new knowledge
- Effectively apply information
Cognitive ability assessments can reveal important insights into how suitable candidates are for the job they're applying for.
The new WorkFORCE® Assessment for Cognitive Ability helps you efficiently find candidates who have the fundamental cognitive skills needed for a particular position. This web-based assessment measures an individual's skill at using written and printed information on three cognitive ability scales:
- Prose: measures how well individuals understand and use information found in newspapers, magazines, novels, manuals or other text in paragraph form. Most adults use prose reading ability to answer questions, to learn how to do something or for entertainment.
- Document: measures the knowledge and skills required by an individual to locate and use information contained in job applications or payroll forms, bus schedules, maps, indexes and several types of information. Individuals use document reading skills to obtain or exchange information in daily contexts.
- Quantitative: measures the knowledge and skills required by an individual to apply arithmetic operations, either alone or sequentially, that are embedded in printed materials, such as in balancing a checkbook, figuring out a tip, completing an order form or determining the amount of interest on a loan.
Recruit with confidence by adding WorkFORCE® Assessment for Cognitive Ability to your recruitment process, and you'll be able to:
- More effectively screen candidates
- Efficiently conduct high-volume recruiting
- Compare candidates to help identify the best fit
- Significantly strengthen the interview process
- Guide placement into training programs
Effective professional development requires a first-rate assessment to pinpoint training needs. ETS's new WorkFORCE Program for Career Development is an assessment and training program specially designed to help support employee and job seeker success by efficiently and accurately identifying the behaviors they most need to develop in their roles.
Identify key behavioral skills employees need to succeed
This 20–25 minute web-based assessment measures Six Behavioral Competencies and 13 underlying behavioral attributes known to be predictive of workplace performance.
Six Behavioral Competencies
The assessment measures and details the extent to which individuals:
- are dedicated and will make a special effort to achieve something
- take their job seriously
- have a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- are problem solvers
- treat customers and peers with respect and consideration
- can collaborate well with others
Used in conjunction with its companion training curriculum, the WorkFORCE Program for Career Development can help you efficiently design training programs customized to the development needs of your employees and job candidates.
Develop critical skills for workplace success
WorkFORCE Program for Career Development. A research-based dynamic training curriculum that provides instruction, practice, and feedback in the Six Behavioral Competencies through multimedia, interactive scenarios, reflection, goal-setting and real-world application.
The training program provides learners with additional insight and awareness of these competencies through eight online interactive modules. Each module takes about 25–30 minutes to complete and features a wide variety of activities and videos.
This program is designed to focus on the critical interpersonal, self-management and other necessary professional skills related to workplace performance in any industry, regardless of job type or job level.