Workplace Speaking effectiveness
The GSL® Dynamic Speaking™ Learning System is designed for native English speakers who need to improve the effectiveness of their spontaneous spoken communication at work to enhance their persuasion, leadership and facilitation skills.
There are four non-native English speakers for every native English speaker in today’s global workplace. People rely more and more on English to initiate action and communicate business strategies and priorities to multicultural teams. In this context, it is essential that native English-speaking professionals speak clearly and effectively, and learn to use Intercultural English to ensure that their communication is understood by co-workers and customers from other cultures and countries. Intercultural English––English used as a communication tool rather than as a national language––has become an essential business competency, much like computer literacy. Furthermore, effective speaking, based on Intercultural English, is now a fundamental part of workplace leadership. Professionals who can use dynamic speaking techniques and strategies in combination with Intercultural English will achieve greater influence and productivity at work, and gain opportunities for professional advancement.
This GSL Learning System is designed for native English speakers who need to improve the effectiveness of their spontaneous spoken communication at work to enhance their persuasion, leadership and facilitation skills.
The course provides opportunities for participants to learn how to develop dynamic speaking and intercultural communication skills to communicate ideas more effectively during workplace projects, meetings and interactions.
This process facilitates understanding and fosters relevant action as participants gain confidence and credibility, thus enhancing collaborative efforts that lead to improved business results and professional opportunities.
Is this program right for you?
Ask yourself these questions to determine if this program is relevant for you:
- Do others frequently misunderstand the content and/or intent of your spoken communication?
- Do you find yourself asking why tasks you have assigned are not completed correctly or efficiently?
- Do you encounter frustration or lack of interest when you are explaining your ideas?
- Are you surprised by others’ responses to your suggestions or directives?
- Do you often notice that, although people acknowledge what you are saying and do not seem to have any questions… they just must not have understood?
- Do you find it difficult to establish a collaborative and productive multicultural team environment?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you will benefit from the GSL Dynamic Speaking Learning System.
For more information about the individual courses in this GSL Learning System, please contact us to receive course descriptions, structure, correlated assessments, and delivery options.
Is this learning system right for your organization?
Organizational results depend on the efficient execution of strategic initiatives and planned projects.
- Professionals at all levels must be able to communicate their ideas, give directives or suggestions, and explain their vision.
- In global work environments, communication is often in English, and native English speakers must gain awareness of how cultural references and speech reduction affect the clarity of their speech if they want to effectively communication co-workers from multiple cultures and countries.
- Dynamic speaking and intercultural communication skills enable professionals to gain others’ attention, initiate action, and transfer essential information effectively in multicultural workplace environments.
- Individuals whose speaking skills enhance their persuasion, leadership, and facilitation skills gain credibility and professional opportunities.
- Many organizations take advantage of this powerful tool to enhance their competitiveness in today’s global market.
- Our GSL Learning Systems have delivered substantive and measurable results to our clients, according to their business-related metrics.
This course is designed for native English speakers who need to improve the effectiveness of their communication in business interactions. This core level course focuses on the specific needs of the individual, addressing such issues as clear enunciation and natural thought grouping, stress and intonation in speaking. Participants identify their own communication strengths and weaknesses, and practice appropriate language usage for specific workplace interactions. By participating in analytical exercises and practicing communication strategies, participants develop more effective situational and project leadership skills, and learn to deliver clearer, more persuasive presentations.
Is this learning system right for your consulting practice or school?
Could your learning programs benefit by using validated curricula to incorporate into your workplace English development processes and course offerings? Our GSL Learning Systems have been developed through over a decade of research, and uniquely include a fusion of workplace English linguistics, intercultural communication, business process improvement and global HR expertise. We offer train-the-trainer programs for certification and licensing of our curricula to qualified consultants or private instructors and schools. Our learning materials are instructionally designed to maximize participants’ success.
Each of our learning systems are professionally designed to make your teaching experience easy and organized, including:
- Assessments. Placement assessments for you to determine the best course for individuals or groups; and course-specific pre-, mid- and post-assessments to validate progress and outcomes.
- Instructor manuals. Our instructor manuals are tools specifically designed for qualified professionals. They are comprehensive and include all resources associated with delivering the course, including alignment with viewable participant workbook pages, knowledge check questions, viewable slide snapshots, exercise adaptation for individual coaching, and chapter agenda structure (including a time-based standard for participants with intermediate high English proficiency, which can be adjusted accordingly).
- Slides for in-class instruction (either in person and online designs).
- Course-specific simulations to measure progress; these can include additional instructors, if desired.
- Participant learning tools (specialized according to individual courses).
- Access to and use of the Global 2nd Language® Online Platform™ (G2ndonline) for assigning pre-designed interactive practice exercises or activities and responding to your participant submissions. Whenever an assignment is made or completed, the platform automatically notifies participants and instructors by email (as applicable).
- Final presentations demonstrate learning achievements and specific goal setting methods complete each program to ensure continued autonomous learning.
- Participants can access the G2ndonline platform to review past submissions and instructor feedback for specified periods after completing each course (3 months included with 6-, or 12-month access plans available for a nominal fee). This feature reinforces the skill development to help participants develop intuitive improved in workplace communication habits.
For specific information about our train-the trainer programs, curricula and licensing options, please contact us to learn about how to make your workplace English teaching easier and organized while demonstrating measurable results for your clients and participants.
The GSL® Dynamic Speaking™ Learning System includes a full-length course designed to introduce dynamic speaking strategies and GSL English™ assertive verbal communication techniques while teaching participants how they can use them to increase the effectiveness of their contributions in meetings, presentations and conversations.
The GSL® Dynamic Speaking™ Learning System course enables professionals to develop their ability to communicate clearly and productively in workplace interactions involving people from multiple cultures and countries.
Through analytical discussions, interactive exercises, role plays, simulations, and applications to workplace speaking tasks, participants will learn how to:
- Recognize how native and non-native speakers use English differently, and learn how to adapt and respond intuitively to these interpersonal dynamics
- Apply advanced articulation and breathing strategies that will allow them to advance beyond established habits and develop greater clarity in spoken interactions
- Use advanced intonation patterns to correct mistakes, to contradict colleagues or interject appropriately, and to shift conversational roles as a meeting leader from any position
- Increase their effectiveness in high-priority work roles, such as acting as a project leader, using persuasive language to support opinions or ideas, and facilitating meetings
By communicating more clearly and effectively, participants will more successfully present ideas to others and facilitate understanding and action, gaining credibility while enhancing collaborative efforts and improving business results.
We use the innovative Global Second Language® approach for improved communication across multiple cultures simultaneously
- We use assessments and benchmarking to identify the best program for each participant.
- This program begins with a certified workplace speech proficiency interview. The G2nd Systems Speech Proficiency Interview is used to evaluate speech clarity, language usage, performance and presentation, and to identify any gaps that may influence a participant’s ability to perform optimally in workplace contexts.
- Culturally-neutral English and inclusive communication strategies are integrated into all GSL Learning Systems, which strengthen understanding among non-native and native English speakers in fast-paced workplace contexts.
- Our Global Second Language® approach helps participants gain confidence, while developing clarity and assertiveness in workplace interactions.
- Our approach ameliorates workplace communication gaps. Non-native and native English speakers use English differently (generally, without realizing it). This difference has consequences in professional and workplace communication contexts when people from different countries interact as part of job functionality.
- Our approach integrates proven GSL® strategies and proprietary culturally-neutral English methodologies that improve all types of workplace communication (accent clarity, speaking and writing, listening and reading) in virtual as well as direct settings.
We leverage our proprietary technology
- The Global 2nd Language® Online Platform™ technology allows participants to practice 24 hours a day each week at their convenience.
- All instructor-led online sessions are recorded, enabling participants to review session activities to strengthen skill development.
- Our technology is delivered through a secure platform, which functions as a means for participants to practice and receive instructor response between class sessions. This includes adding or modifying exercises based upon participant submissions and progress, which fosters accelerated learning while strengthening skill retention and workplace application.
- To enable autonomous continued learning and application, participants have access to the platform up to six months following course completion.
All G2nd Systems programs include support services
In addition to program design and technology, all G2nd Systems programs include G2nd Support Services at no additional fee. These services include:
- G2nd Support Team coordination of participant/instructor scheduling management, document transmission or shipping
- Technology training and implementation of program-specific processes to maximize effectiveness and stakeholder satisfaction
- Technology support for participant fieldwork submission review and instructor feedback response, and other requested support
- Coordination with G2nd faculty to provide periodic assessment reviews and progress reports, based on program design